Tuesday 27 August 2013

How I got Google Adsense Approval


We all know that google is now strict when it comes to adsense approval. Back in the days when google adsense approval is as easy as ABC even without a blog post on your blog but nowadays, any slight change in their terms and condition or adsense program policy will lead to an automatic disapproval. Currently, this blog is having 17 quality blog post and a few numbers of pages, though I once applied the first time which was rejected and I had to make some amendments before getting an approval. So how did I get google adsense approval?

How I got google adsense approval.

These are the cakes I consumed before getting google adsense approval but most of them are mentioned in their adsense program policy and also make sure you read their terms and conditions.

Content

The content on your blog matters a lot, google will definitely not accept an application from a blog without or with little amount of content. Before google can consider you for adsense approval your content must have the following;
Must be originally yours and not copied elsewhere.
Your blog language must be a language adsense supports.
It must not be short but from a range of 400 words and above.
You must have a minimum of 10 – 20 blog post (depending on the length of your posts).

Blog Design

Google have started peeping into our blog design, speed and navigation. Any blog without this won’t get adsense approval. Try to make your blog accessible with easy navigation by starting with a well defined and professionally configured theme. Try to use plugins to increase the speed of your blog too, I’ll recommend w3 total cache

Pages

The pages on your blog matters a lot and there are three essential pages that must not be omitted. Your Contact page, about page and a privacy policy page. With this page, all you’re telling google is “hey buddy I have a professional blog and I’m ready for you guys” I’ll give a little explanation on these pages.

Contact Page

We all know that a contact page must have a contact form but that’s not all, you can add few words above your contact form, this can be something brief about your blog and reason why your readers or visitors should contact you, this gives the page a little weight. I’m using contact form 7. It’s better than just typing your email address and telling your readers to send you a mail. Instead, they’ll contact you automatically from your page. Have a look at my contact page and the see the practical aspect of the story I just said above.

About Page

Your about page tells your visitor a brief story about you and about your blog anytime they check it out. This shows that you are really the owner of your blog and it belongs to no one else. You can also include your picture on your about page but I don’t think it’s important. At least your readers can see you through your gravater. You can check my about page and see what it looks like.

Privacy page

I don’t think google included this in those early days of blogging, I’ll go ask them the reason why they did this and gave us more stress but before that I’ll show a simple way on how I created my privacy policy page and how you can do this. I used serprank privacy policy generator you can check it out to create yours too.

Traffic

Traffic has it’s own role to play when it comes to getting adsense approval. I’ve gotten some decent amount of traffic from my commenting strategy and couple of guest post that I’ve written. To find more about generating traffic and making your blog go viral then check my 5 advance ways to make your blog go viral

Things to avoid when applying for google adsense

One thing you must know about google is that they are jealous, don’t tell them I told you. They hate it when any other program comes in their way. So what are the things to avoid when applying for adsense?

Popups

Popups can hinder google bots from crawling your blog during the first review, so whatever type of popup it is, either popunder, popover or popacross; deactivate it, it’s temporal and will be reactivated after approval.

Other ad networks

There are other ad network that are not as strict as google and you might have them on your blog either for quick earning or just to fill blank spaces on your blog. Make sure you deactivate them before applying for google adsense.

Conclusion

I heard that getting google adsense approval in India is quite difficult and takes up to 6 months, though I’m not sure, I’m just assuming. If you’re an Indian, I’d love to hear your view on this, how long does it take to get adsense approval over there?
Google adsense is not a dependable way of monetizing a blog, depending on your traffic. It’s just a way of starting out. The best I can say is affiliate marketing and i would love to hear your view on this. These are the methods I used in getting google adsense approval on my blog. What step did you take before getting approved by google and how long did it take you to get adsense approval on your blog.

2 comments:

Dont Spam